On November 10, 2016, the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board held a regularly scheduled meeting beginning at 1:30 p.m. MT in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The meeting, which was open to the public, was held in Conference Room 1015, Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Board Room, on the first floor of the Multi Agency State Office Building that is located at 195 North 1950 West in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The following items, among others, were on the agenda for the November 2016 Board meeting:
- Call to Order
- Approval of Meeting Minutes for the October 13, 2016 Board Meeting (Board Action Item)
III. Underground Storage Tanks Update
- Underground Storage Tank Rules
- Final Adoption of Changes to the Underground Storage Tank Rules R311-200, R311-201, R311-202, R311-206 and R311-212 (Board Action Item)
- Approval of a Change in Proposed Rule for R311-203 to incorporate comments made by the Environmental Protection Agency (Board Action Item)
- Low-Level Radioactive Waste Section
- EnergySolutions LLC request for a site-specific treatment variance from the Hazardous Waste Management Rules. EnergySolutions seeks authorization to receive Cemented Uranium Extraction Process Residues for disposal. (Information Item Only)
- Administrative Rules
- EnergySolutions’ Petition to Initiate Rulemaking to repeal and reenact R313-25 and adopt 10 CFR Part 61 by reference (Information Item Only)
VII. X-Ray Program
- Exemption Request for the Sensus SRT-100 machine from the requirements of R313-30-3(3), R313-30 -3(4), R313-30-3(5) and R313-30-3(6) (Board Action Item)
- Letter from Sensus Requesting the Exemption
- Comments from Patients or Relatives of Patients in Support of the Exemption
- Comments from the Medical Community in Support of the Exemption
- Comments from the Medical Community in Opposition to the Exemption
VIII. Other Business
- Miscellaneous Information Item
- Scheduling of Next Board Meeting
The Board—which is appointed by the Utah Governor with the consent of the Utah Senate—guides development of Radiation Control policy and rules in the state.
The Board holds open meetings ten times per year at locations throughout the state. A public comment session is held at the end of each meeting.
Copies of the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board meeting agendas and packet information can be found at http://www.deq.utah.gov/boards/waste/meetings.htm.
For additional information, please contact Rusty Lundberg, Deputy Director of the Division of Waste Management and Radiation Control at the Utah Department of Environmental Quality, at (801) 536-4257 or at email@example.com.