On April 11, 2017, the Central Midwest Interstate Low-Level Radioactive Waste Compact Commission held its spring meeting beginning at 9:30 am CDT (Illinois)/ 10:30 am EDT (Kentucky). The meeting was held at the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) in Springfield, Illinois.
The agenda for the meeting was as follows:
- Call to Order
- Adoption or Modification of the Agenda
- Adoption of Minutes from the Annual Meeting on September 27, 2016
- Executive Session
- First Public Comment Period
- Chairman and Host State Report and Acknowledgement of Agreed Mandated Responsibility
* Illinois 45 ILCS 140
* Kentucky 211.859
* Low-Level Radioactive Waste Forum (LLW Forum) Fall 2016 Meeting Update (Saratoga Springs, New York) and Disused Sources Working Group (DSWG) Update
- Kentucky Report
* Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material/ Technologically Enhanced Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM/TENORM) Violation Update
* TENORM – Status of Regulation Revision
- Executive Assistant report
- Second Public Comment Period
- Other Business
- Next Scheduled Meeting or Announcement of Special Meeting
For additional information, please contact Joseph Klinger, Chairman of the Central Midwest Interstate Low-Level Radioactive Waste Compact Commission, at (217) 836-3018 or at email@example.com.
Interested stakeholders may also go to the Central Midwest Interstate Low-Level Radioactive Waste Compact Commission web site at http://www.cmcompact.org.