On July 14, 2016, the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board held a regularly scheduled meeting beginning at 1:30 p.m. MT in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The following items, among others, were on the agenda for the July 2016 Board meeting:
- Call to Order
- Approval of Meeting Minutes for the June 9, 2016 Board Meeting (Board Action Item)
- Underground Storage Tanks Update
- Administrative Rules
- Approve Change in Proposed Rule (CPR) for R315-319, Management of Coal Combustion Residuals Requirements in Landfills and Surface Impoundments and to Set an Effective Date of September 1, 2016 (Board Action Item)
- Final Adoption of Proposed Changes to Solid Waste Rule R315-310, Permit Requirements for Solid Waste Facilities and to Set an Effective Date of July 15, 2016 (Board Action Item)
- Approval to Proceed with Formal Rulemaking and 30-Day Public Comment Period for Repeal of Rule R313-27, “Medical Use of Advisory Committee” (Board Action Item)
- Hazardous Waste Section
- Proposed Stipulation and Consent Order Between the Board and Heckmann Woods Cross (Board Action Item)
- Other Business
- Evaluation of Closure, Post-Closure and Perpetual Care for Hazardous and Radioactive Waste Treatment and Disposal Facilities; Report to Legislature (Information Item Only)
- Miscellaneous Information Item
- Scheduling of Next Board Meeting
The Board—which is appointed by the Utah Governor with the consent of the Utah Senate—guides development of Radiation Control policy and rules in the state. The Board holds open meetings ten times per year at locations throughout the state. A public comment session is held at the end of each meeting.
Copies of the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board meeting agendas and packet information can be found at http://www.deq.utah.gov/boards/waste/meetings.htm.
For additional information, please contact Rusty Lundberg, Deputy Director of the Division of Waste Management and Radiation Control at the Utah Department of Environmental Quality, at (801) 536-4257 or at email@example.com.