On May 30, 2019, the Texas Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compact Commission (Texas Compact Commission) held a regularly scheduled meeting in Waco, Texas. The meeting began at 9:00 a.m. It was held in the Cooper Room at the Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce, which is located at 101 S 3rd Street, Waco, Texas 76701. There was no live feed provided for the meeting; however, a video of the meeting will be posted to the Texas Compact Commission website once available.
The formal meeting agenda is available on the Texas Compact Commission’s web site at www.tllrwdcc.org.
The following is an abbreviated overview of the agenda for the Texas Compact Commission meeting. Persons interested in additional detail are directed to the formal agenda themselves.
- call to order;
- roll call and determination of quorum;
- introduction of Commissioners, elected officials and press;
- moment of recognition for Jim Crowson;
- public comment;
- report from Deidre Delisi, Governmental Relations Representative, on her activities including a report on the 2019 Texas Legislative Session;
- consideration of and possible action on applications for importation of low-level radioactive waste from Exelon Generation, Thomas Gray and Associates, Qal-Tek Associates and Ameren Missouri;
- consideration of and possible action on applications for exportation of low-level radioactive waste from Bionomics;
- receive reports from Waste Control Specialists LLC (WCS) about compact facility capacity, recent site operations and any other matter WCS wishes to bring to the attention of the Compact Commission;
- discussion and possible action regarding the proposal for publication for public comment related to the amendment of 31 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) 675.20 concerning the definition of “small quantity generator and new rule 31 TAC 375.25 – Capacity Reservation for Small Quantity Generators;
- consideration, evaluation and possible action with respect to the Texas Compact Commission credit card usage policies and limitations on the use of the credit card;
- receive report from Chair on Texas Compact Commission activities including reporting on fiscal matters to be taken by the compact, electronic signature policy for the Texas Compact Commission and addressing personnel matters;
- report from Leigh Ing, Executive Director of the Texas Compact Commission, on her activities and questions relating to Texas Compact Commission operations including work with the Southwestern Compact Executive Director in follow-up to the February 28, 2019 Texas Compact Commission meeting;
- discussion and possible changes of dates and locations of future Texas Compact Commission meetings in 2019 and 2020;
- discussion and possible action regarding the strategic direction of the Texas Compact Commission and associated fiscal and legal matters including staffing resources that may be needed to implement the strategic direction of the Commission;
- discussion and possible action relating to staff contract renewal and personnel reviews for Leigh Ing, Andrew Tachovsky, Deidre Delisi and Diane Fulmer; and,
The Texas Compact Commission may meet in closed session as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code. Texas Compact Commission meetings are open to the public.
For additional information, please contact Texas Compact Commission Executive Director Leigh Ing at (512) 305-8941 or at email@example.com.