On August 11, 2016, the Texas Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compact Commission (Texas Compact Commission) held a regularly scheduled meeting in Austin, Texas.
The following is an abbreviated overview of the agenda for the Texas Compact Commission meeting. Persons interested in additional detail are directed to the formal agenda themselves.
- call to order;
- roll call and determination of quorum;
- introduction of Commissioners, elected officials and press;
- public comment;
- consideration of and possible action on applications and proposed agreements for importation of low-level radioactive waste from Xcel – Prairie Island; PerkinElmer; Entergy – Palisades; Thermo Process Instruments; Bionomics; and, Entergy – Riverbend;
- consideration of and possible action on applications on petitions and proposed orders for exportation of low-level radioactive waste from Alcon; Texas Children’s Hospital; and, Texas A&M;
- receive reports from Waste Control Specialists LLC (WCS) about recent site operations and any other matter WCS wishes to bring to the attention of the Texas Compact Commission;
- receive reports from Texas Compact Commission committees including the Rules Committee (as Chaired by Commissioner Morris) and the Capacity Committee (as Chaired by Commissioner Weber);
- reconsideration of and possible action to adopt the Texas Compact Commission’s annual budget estimates for FY 2018 and FY 2019 pursuant to Article VI, Section Two of the Bylaws in light of the Legislative Appropriations Request to the State of Texas Legislative Budget Board for FY 2018 and FY 2019;
- consideration, evaluation and possible action with respect to contract employees Leigh Ing, Andrew Tachovsky, Diane Fulmer and Eric Woomer;
- consideration, evaluation and possible action with respect to the renewal, extension or dismissal of the contract with DigITech Web Design;
- consideration and possible action to authorize the Chair to execute a contract, not to exceed $25,000, with an attorney to assist in matters associated with the laws and operations of interstate compacts;
- Chairman’s report on Texas Compact Commission activities including reporting on fiscal matters to be taken by the compact and addressing personnel matters;
- report from Leigh Ing, Executive Director of the Texas Compact Commission, on her activities and questions related to Texas Compact Commission operations;
- discussion and possible changes of dates and locations of future Texas Compact Commission meetings in 2016 and 2017; and,
The Texas Compact Commission may meet in closed session as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code. Texas Compact Commission meetings are open to the public.
For additional information, please contact Texas Compact Commission Executive Director Leigh Ing at (512) 305-8941 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.