On October 6, 2017, the Southwestern Low-Level Radioactive Waste Commission hosted its 76th meeting beginning at 9:00 a.m. PDT at the Hyatt Regency in Sacramento, California.
The following topics, among others, were on the meeting agenda:
- call to order;
- roll call;
- welcome and introductions—announce retirement of Commissioner Godwin, introduce Brian Goretzki of Arizona;
- statement regarding due notice of meeting;
- reports, status and/or activity;
- Commission Chair;
- Executive Director;
- licensing agency;
- license designee; and,
- party states.
- discuss and potential action on Low-Level Radioactive Waste Forum (LLW Forum) activities (i.e., sponsorship, membership, workshop, future agendas and participation);
- update and status of EnergySolutions, Waste Control Specialists (WCS) and SONGS;
- discuss activities and potential action on Reutilization and Reuse Program;
- exportation actions;
- ratification of approved petitions;
- amend “Policy of the Southwestern Low-Level Radioactive Waste Commission Regarding Exportation of Various Low-Level Radioactive Waste Streams” to extend effective date;
- amend “Requirements for Exportation Petitions for Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal” to extend effective date; and,
- review and amend petitions forms.
- financial audit report by Miers & Miers;
- Executive Session pursuant to CA Gov. Code §11126(a)(1) to discuss staff performance evaluations;
- review and approve Executive Director’s and Counsel’s contracts;
- review and approve Annual Governor’s Report;
- amend fiscal year 2017-18 budget;
- approve fiscal year 2018-19 budget;
- review and approve Office Procedures Manual;
- review and approve Southwestern By-Laws;
- adopt fee schedule;
- public comment;
- election of officers;
- future agenda items;
- next meetings; and,
Members of the public were invited to attend the meeting and comment on specific agenda items as the Commission considered them. The total public comment time on each agenda item was limited to 15 minutes. Written material was also accepted. A 15-minute public comment period was provided near the end of the meeting at which time members of the public were invited to bring before the Commission issues relating to low-level radioactive waste but which were not on the agenda.
For additional information, please contact Kathy Davis, Executive Director of the Southwestern Compact Commission, at (916) 448-2390 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.