On May 17, 2018, the Texas Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compact Commission (Texas Compact Commission) held a regularly scheduled meeting in Austin, Texas. The meeting began at 9:30 a.m. CDT. It was held in Room E1.028 at the Texas Capitol, which is located at 1100 Congress Avenue in Austin, Texas.
The following is an abbreviated overview of the agenda for the Texas Compact Commission meeting. Persons interested in additional detail are directed to the formal agenda themselves.
- call to order;
- roll call and determination of quorum;
- introduction of Commissioners, elected officials and press;
- public comment;
- consideration of and possible action on applications for importation of low-level radioactive waste from NextEra Point Beach, Entergy Grand Gulf, Talen Energy, Talen Energy (irradiated hardware), RAM Services and Thomas Gray;
- consideration of and possible action on amendments to existing agreements with Exelon and EnergySolutions;
- consideration and possible action on May 15, 2018 letter to U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) regarding the February 14, 2018 notice in the Federal Register relating to the Very Low-Level Waste (VLLW) scoping study;
- receive reports from Waste Control Specialists LLC (WCS) about recent site operations;
- receive report from Chair on Texas Compact Commission activities including an update on the to-be-formed committee as a result of recent legislation;
- report from Leigh Ing, Executive Director of the Texas Compact Commission, on her activities relating to workshops and Texas Compact Commission operations;
- discussion and possible changes of dates and locations of future Texas Compact Commission meetings in 2018; and,
The Texas Compact Commission may meet in closed session as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code. Texas Compact Commission meetings are open to the public.
For additional information, please contact Texas Compact Commission Executive Director Leigh Ing at (512) 305-8941 or at email@example.com.