On October 11, 2018, the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board (Board) held a regularly scheduled meeting in Salt Lake City, Utah. The meeting was open to the public.
The following items, among others, were on the agenda for the Board meeting:
- Approval of Meeting Minutes for the September 13, 2018 Board Meeting (Board Action Item)
- Procedures for Public Comment
III. Conflict of Interest
- Underground Storage Tanks Update
- 2018 PST Trust Fund Actuarial Report
- Administrative Rules
- Approval to proceed with formal rulemaking and public comment on proposed changes to Hazardous Waste Rules UAC R315-273, Standards for Universal Waste Management (Board Action Item)
- Approval to proceed with formal rulemaking and public comment on proposed changes to Radiation Control Rules UAC R313-28, Use of X-Rays in the Healing Arts (Board Action Item)
VIII. Low-Level Radioactive Waste Section
- Presentation on R313-25-9(5)(a) (Informational Item Only)
- Public Comment
- Other Business
- Miscellaneous Information Items
- Scheduling of Next Board Meeting
The Board — which is appointed by the Utah Governor with the consent of the Utah Senate — guides development of Radiation Control policy and rules in the state. The Board holds open meetings ten times per year at locations throughout the state. A public comment session is held at the end of each meeting.
Copies of the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board meeting agendas and packet information can be found at http://www.deq.utah.gov/boards/waste/meetings.htm.
For additional information, please contact Rusty Lundberg, Deputy Director of the Division of Waste Management and Radiation Control at the Utah Department of Environmental Quality, at (801) 536-4257 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.