Agenda Items Include Discussion re Proposed Import Approval Approach and Reduction of Curie Amounts Previously Authorized
On February 4, 2016, the Texas Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compact Commission (Texas Compact Commission) will hold a regularly scheduled meeting. The meeting, which is scheduled to begin at 9:30 a.m., will be held in Room E1.028 of the Texas Capitol located in Austin, Texas.
Links to View Meeting
The links to view the meetings at the Texas Capitol are:
- Desktop PCs at http://www.senate.state.tx.us/bin/live.php; and,
The following is an abbreviated overview of the agenda for the Texas Compact Commission meeting. Persons interested in additional detail are directed to the formal agenda themselves.
- call to order;
- roll call and determination of quorum;
- introduction of commissioners, elected officials and press;
- public comment;
- discussion and possible action with respect to ensuring payments and reimbursements from the Texas State Treasury to vendors, contractors, and other persons to whom the Texas Compact Commission is indebted;
- discussion and consideration of and possible action on the limitation of authorization of disposal of curie amounts to ensure maintenance of the curie limit for the compact facility as specified in Texas Health and Safety Code (THSC) 401.207(e) including a reduction of curie amounts previously authorized;
- consideration of and possible action on requests for amendment to agreements for importation of low-level radioactive waste from the Arizona Public Service; Entergy Fitzpatrick; and, Philotechnics;
- consideration of and possible action on an application and proposed agreement from Entergy Operations, Inc.—River Bend Station for importation of low-level radioactive waste whereby 40,000 curies of the originally requested 80,000 curies was continued from the Texas Compact Commission meeting that was held on October 1, 2015;
- consideration of and possible action on applications and proposed agreements for importation of low-level radioactive waste from Florida Power & Light Turkey Point; Entergy Pilgrim Station; Susquehanna Nuclear; NextEra Seabrook; and, RAM Services;
- consideration of and possible action on a petition and proposed order for exportation of low-level radioactive waste from Bionomics TAMU EH&S; Bionomics TAMU NSC; and, Philotechnics Pet Net Solutions;
- receive reports from Waste Control Specialists LLC (WCS) about recent site operations and any other matter WCS wishes to bring to the attention of the Texas Compact Commission;
- receive reports from Texas Compact Commission committees including the Rules Committee (as chaired by Commissioner Morris) and the Capacity Committee (as chaired by Commissioner Weber);
- Chairman’s report on Texas Compact Commission activities including reporting on fiscal matters to be taken by the compact and addressing personnel matters;
- report from Leigh Ing, Consulting Supervisory Director of the Texas Compact Commission, on her activities and questions related to Texas Compact Commission operations;
- discussion and possible changes of dates and locations of future Texas Compact Commission meetings in 2016; and,
The Texas Compact Commission may meet in closed session as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code. Texas Compact Commission meetings are open to the public.
For additional information, please contact Texas Compact Commission Consulting Supervisory Director Leigh Ing at (512) 305-8941 or at email@example.com.