On November 15, 2018, the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) released its fiscal year 2018 Agency Financial Report, which provides audited financial statements of the agency’s management of resources from October 1, 2017, through September 30, 2018.
The report documents continued reductions in the NRC’s cost of operations through reduced license fees and fees for services, as well as new efficiencies in its bill paying and collections operations. New information technology for financial management and labor reporting has led to improved data collection, redesigned invoices and improved communications with licensees and others.
The Agency Financial Report for the NRC provides financial and summary performance information in accordance with Office of Management and Budget Circular A-136, “Financial Reporting Requirements.”
This Agency Financial Report is an account of the agency’s stewardship of its resources during fiscal year 2018, which covers the period from October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018. The report is organized into the following three chapters:
- Chapter 1 — Management’s Discussion and Analysis: This chapter provides an overview of the NRC financial information and summary-level program performance information. It includes an overview of program performance, current status of systems, internal controls, financial management and the fiscal year 2018 financial statement analysis.
- Chapter 2 — Financial Statements and Auditors’ Report: This chapter contains details on the NRC’s finances for fiscal year 2018. It includes a message from the Chief Financial Officer, the financial statements and accompanying notes, required supplementary information and the independent auditors’ report.
- Chapter 3 — Other Information: This chapter provides the Office of the Inspector General’s discussion of management and performance challenges, a summary of the financial statement audit, information on payment integrity and fraud, space occupancy, a glossary of acronyms and other information.
Other Agency Reports
The following additional and related agency reports are also available on the NRC website:
- Agency Financial Reports since fiscal year 2017 at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/nuregs/staff/sr2220/.
- The NRC has chosen to produce an Agency Financial Report and an Agency Performance Report. The fiscal year 2018 Agency Performance Report will accompany the NRC’s fiscal year 2020 Congressional Budget Justification and will be posted on the NRC’s Web site at https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/nuregs/staff/sr1100/ after publication of the report.
- Performance and Accountability Reports for years before fiscal year 2017
The Agency Financial Report is available on the NRC web site at https://www.nrc.gov/docs/ML1831/ML18317A204.pdf.
For additional information, please contact David McIntyre of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission at (301) 415-8200.