On April 12, 2018, the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board held a regularly scheduled meeting beginning at 1:30 p.m. MT in Salt Lake City, Utah. The meeting, which was open to the public, was held in Conference Room 1015, Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Board Room, in the Multi Agency State Office Building that is located at 195 North 1950 West in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Agenda The following items, among others, were on the agenda for the April 2018 Board meeting:
- call to order;
- approval of meeting minutes for the February 8, 2018 Board meeting (Board Action Item);
- underground storage tanks update;
- administrative rules:
– approval to proceed with formal rulemaking and public comment on a proposed rule change to R313-37, Physical Protection of Category 1 and Category 2 Radioactive Materials, to incorporate federal regulatory changes promulgated by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. (Board Action Item);
- used oil section:
– final adoption of rule changes to R315-15, Standards for the Management of Used Oil Rules. (Board Action Item);
- Director’s report:
– proposed Stipulation and Consent Order between the Board and EnergySolutions, LLC. (Information Item Only);
- other business:
- miscellaneous information item;
- scheduling of next Board meeting;
- election of Board Chair and Vice Chair (Board Action Item); and,
The Board—which is appointed by the Utah Governor with the consent of the Utah Senate—guides development of Radiation Control policy and rules in the state. The Board holds open meetings ten times per year at locations throughout the state. A public comment session is held at the end of each meeting.
Copies of the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board meeting agendas and packet information can be found at http://www.deq.utah.gov/boards/waste/meetings.htm.
For additional information, please contact Rusty Lundberg, Deputy Director of the Division of Waste Management and Radiation Control at the Utah Department of Environmental Quality, at (801) 536-4257 or at email@example.com.