On November 16, 2017, the Texas Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compact Commission (Texas Compact Commission) held a regularly scheduled meeting in Austin, Texas. It was held in Room E1.028 at the Texas Capitol, which is located at 1100 Congress Avenue in Austin, Texas.
The meeting, which began at 9:30 a.m. CDT, followed the conclusion of a one-day workshop focused on disposal options for in-compact waste generators, specifically on topics that are important to Texas generators.
The formal meeting agenda is available on the Texas Compact Commission’s web site at www.tllrwdcc.org.
The following is an abbreviated overview of the agenda for the Texas Compact Commission meeting. Persons interested in additional detail are directed to the formal agenda themselves.
- call to order;
- roll call and determination of quorum;
- introduction of Commissioners, elected officials and press;
- public comment;
- consideration of and possible action on applications for importation of low-level radioactive waste from Arizona Public Service Palo Verde; Qal-Tek (as broker); Qal-Tek (as generator); Southern Nuclear Company Hatch; and, Southern Nuclear Company Hatch Irradiated Hardware;
- receive reports from Waste Control Specialists LLC (WCS) about recent site operations;
- receive report from Chair on Texas Compact Commission activities including an update on the to-be-formed committee as a result of recent legislation;
- report from Leigh Ing, Executive Director of the Texas Compact Commission, on her activities relating to workshops and Texas Compact Commission operations;
- discussion and possible changes of dates and locations of future Texas Compact Commission meetings in 2018; and,
The Texas Compact Commission may meet in closed session as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code. Texas Compact Commission meetings are open to the public.
For additional information, please contact Texas Compact Commission Executive Director Leigh Ing at (512) 305-8941 or at email@example.com.