On October 5, 2017, the Texas Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compact Commission (Texas Compact Commission) held a regularly scheduled meeting in Montpelier, Vermont.
The meeting began at 9:30 a.m. EDT/8:30 a.m. CDT. It was held in Room 11 at the Vermont State House, which is located at 115 State Street in Montpelier Vermont.
The formal meeting agenda is available on the Texas Compact Commission’s web site at www.tllrwdcc.org.
Agenda The following is an abbreviated overview of the agenda for the Texas Compact Commission meeting. Persons interested in additional detail are directed to the formal agenda themselves.
- call to order;
- roll call and determination of quorum;
- introduction of Commissioners, elected officials and press;
- public comment;
- welcome by Vermont Public Service Department Commissioner June Tierney;
- discussion by Entergy Vermont Yankee regarding the closure and decommissioning of the Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant;
- consideration of and possible action on applications for importation of low-level radioactive waste from Nextera Turkey Point; Dominion Kewaunee; Dominion Kewaunee IH; Philotechnics; Alaron Veolia; PGE Diablo Canyon; EnergySolutions; Energy Palisades; Energy Palisades IH; Thomas Gray; and, RAM Services;
- reconsideration of and possible action on an application for importation of low-level radioactive waste from Southern Nuclear Vogtle;
- consideration of and possible action to publish for public comment in the Texas Register a proposal to adopt a new §675.24 in TAC Title 31, Part 21, Chapter 675 relating to the requirement for certain entities to report on a quarterly basis the receipt of certain low-level radioactive waste that is not required to be disposed of in the Texas Compact Facility as recommended by the Texas Compact Commission’s Rules Committee;
- receive reports from Waste Control Specialists LLC (WCS) about recent site operations;
- receive report from Chair on Texas Compact Commission activities including an update on contingency planning and legislative affairs;
- report from Leigh Ing, Executive Director of the Texas Compact Commission, on her activities relating to future workshops, export reporting and Texas Compact Commission operations;
- discussion and possible changes of dates and locations of future Texas Compact Commission meetings in 2017 and 2018; and,
Background The Texas Compact Commission may meet in closed session as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code. Texas Compact Commission meetings are open to the public.
For additional information, please contact Texas Compact Commission Executive Director Leigh Ing at (512) 305-8941 or at email@example.com.