On April 13, 2017, the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board held a regularly scheduled meeting beginning at 1:30 p.m. MT in Salt Lake City, Utah. The meeting, which was open to the public, was held in Conference Room 1015, Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Board Room, on the first floor of the Multi Agency State Office Building that is located at 195 North 1950 West in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The following items, among others, were on the agenda for the April 2017 Board meeting:
- Call to Order
- Approval of Meeting Minutes for the February 9, 2017 Board Meeting (Board Action Item)
III. Underground Storage Tanks Update
- Administrative Rules
- Solid Waste Rules: Approval to proceed with formal rulemaking and public comment to remove paragraph R315-302-1(2)(a)(iii) that prohibits a new solid waste facility from being located within certain farmland classified by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (Board Action Item)
- Solid and Hazardous Waste Rules: Approval to proceed with formal rulemaking and public comment to incorporate the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) hazardous waste generator improvement rule (promulgated on November 28, 2016 at 81 Federal Register 85,732) into R315-15, R315-260, R315-261, R315-262, R315-263, R315-264, R315-265, R315-266, R315-268, R315-270, R315-273, R315-301, R315-304-3 and R315-305-3 (Board Action Item)
- Director’s Report/ Legislative Update
- Open and Public Meetings Act, Utah Public Officers and Employees Ethics Act
VII. Other Business
- Miscellaneous Information Item
- Scheduling of Next Board Meeting
VIII. Election of Board Chair and Vice-Chair
The Board—which is appointed by the Utah Governor with the consent of the Utah Senate—guides development of Radiation Control policy and rules in the state. The Board holds open meetings ten times per year at locations throughout the state. A public comment session is held at the end of each meeting.
Copies of the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board meeting agendas and packet information can be found at http://www.deq.utah.gov/boards/waste/meetings.htm.
For additional information, please contact Rusty Lundberg, Deputy Director of the Division of Waste Management and Radiation Control at the Utah Department of Environmental Quality, at (801) 536-4257 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.