On February 9, 2017, the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board held a regularly scheduled meeting beginning at 1:30 p.m. MT in Salt Lake City, Utah. The following items, among others, were on the agenda for the February 2017 Board meeting:
- Call to Order
- Introduction of New Assistant Attorney General Bret Randall
- Laura Lockhart Retirement
- Approval of Meeting Minutes for the January 12, 2017 Board Meeting (Board Action Item)
- Underground Storage Tanks Update
- Underground Storage Tank Rules
- Approval to File Five-Year Review Notices for Underground Storage Tank Rules: R311-200, R311-201, R311-202, R311-203, R311-204, R311-205, R311-206, R311-207, R311-208, R311-209, R311-210, R311-211 and R311-212 (Board Action Item)
- VII. Used Oil Program
- Final Adoption of Changes to Used Oil Rules: R315-15-13 (Board Action Item)
- VIII. Legislative Update
- Other Business
- Miscellaneous Information Item
- Scheduling of Next Board Meeting
The Board—which is appointed by the Utah Governor with the consent of the Utah Senate—guides development of Radiation Control policy and rules in the state. The Board holds open meetings ten times per year at locations throughout the state. A public comment session is held at the end of each meeting.
Copies of the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board meeting agendas and packet information can be found at http://www.deq.utah.gov/boards/waste/meetings.htm.
For additional information, please contact Rusty Lundberg, Deputy Director of the Division of Waste Management and Radiation Control at the Utah Department of Environmental Quality, at (801) 536-4257 or at email@example.com.