On October 13, 2016, the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board held a regularly scheduled meeting beginning at 1:30 p.m. MT in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The meeting, which was open to the public, was held in Conference Room 1015, Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Board Room, on the first floor of the Multi Agency State Office Building that is located at 195 North 1950 West in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The following items, among others, were on the agenda for the October 2016 Board meeting:
- Call to Order
- Introduction of Nathan Rich—New Board Member
III. Approval of Meeting Minutes for the September 8, 2016 Board Meeting (Board Action Item)
- Underground Storage Tanks Update
- Administrative Rules
- Final Adoption of Repeal of Rule R313-27, Medical Use Advisory Committee (Board Action Item)
- Used Oil Program
- Approval to Proceed with Formal Rulemaking and 30-Day Public Comment Period for Used Oil Rules, R315-15-13 (Board Action Item)
VII. X-Ray Program
- Request for Exclusion from Certain Requirements of R313-28-31(5) (Board Action Item)
VIII. Other Business
- Miscellaneous Information Item
- Scheduling of Next Board Meeting
The Board—which is appointed by the Utah Governor with the consent of the Utah Senate—guides development of Radiation Control policy and rules in the state.
The Board holds open meetings ten times per year at locations throughout the state. A public comment session is held at the end of each meeting.
Copies of the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board meeting agendas and packet information can be found at http://www.deq.utah.gov/boards/waste/meetings.htm.
For additional information, please contact Rusty Lundberg, Deputy Director of the Division of Waste Management and Radiation Control at the Utah Department of Environmental Quality, at (801) 536-4257 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.