On August 15, 2016, the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board held a regularly scheduled meeting beginning at 1:30 p.m. MT in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The following items, among others, were on the agenda for the August 2016 Board meeting:
- Call to Order
- Approval of Meeting Minutes for the July 14, 2016 Board Meeting (Board Action Item)
III. Underground Storage Tanks Update
- Proposed Non-Substantive Change to Underground Storage Tank Rule R311-210 (Information Item Only)
- X-Ray Program
- Approval of Mammography Imaging Medical Physicist (MIMP) in Accordance with UCA 19-6-104(2)(b) (Board Action Item)
- Administrative Rules
- Approval to Proceed with Formal Rulemaking and 30-Day Public Comment Period for Repeal of Rule R313-27, “Medical Use Advisory Committee” (Board Action Item)
VII. Report to Legislature
- Review of Comments on the Evaluation of Closure, Post-Closure and Perpetual Care for Hazardous and Radioactive Waste Treatment and Disposal Facilities, Report to Legislature (Board Action Item)
VIII. Other Business
- Miscellaneous Information Item
- Scheduling of Next Board Meeting
The Board—which is appointed by the Utah Governor with the consent of the Utah Senate—guides development of Radiation Control policy and rules in the state.
The Board holds open meetings ten times per year at locations throughout the state. A public comment session is held at the end of each meeting.
Copies of the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board meeting agendas and packet information can be found at http://www.deq.utah.gov/boards/waste/meetings.htm.
For additional information, please contact Rusty Lundberg, Deputy Director of the Division of Waste Management and Radiation Control at the Utah Department of Environmental Quality, at (801) 536-4257 or at email@example.com.